home about faq mission statement sponsor contact twitter facebook pinterest IG Image Map

Monday, October 20, 2014

Stitch Fix >>







I signed up for Stitch Fix this season because I needed some pieces to round out my Autumn/Winter wardrobe. A $20 fee secures a delightful little package in the mail with my name on it and five pieces of clothing. Being that this was my first "Fix" I anticipated that the pieces would be close to a good fit, in the same vicinity as my style sense, and a little too expensive to afford. I was pleasantly surprised! The items fit like a glove, the styles -- though simple -- were my style, and the prices were too high to purchase every item but not outlandish.

There weren't any hidden fees. The $20 styling fee for the "Fix" is put into my Stitch Fix account and counts as a credit toward any piece that I purchase from the box. I don't remember paying anything extra for shipping, a prepaid bag to send back the pieces I decided not to buy was included in the box, and the price listed for each item was the price I paid when I checked out online. It was a convenient and fun experience -- being able to try clothes on in the comfort of your own home, with all the undergarments and accessories or layers you could want to see if they would go with -- and my next "Fix" is scheduled for mid-November. Can't wait!




>> Daniel Rainn // Burgundy Heart Print Henley Blouse
The neckline and 3/4 sleeves are exactly what I look for when purchasing blouses. How specifically ideal that was to me for my stylist's first time styling me amazed me! I didn't purchase this item because it was entirely polyester and I don't like how that feels in a blouse.
$68.00

>> Mavi // Freida Tall Skinny Jean
These dark-wash skinny jeans were the perfect length and were crazy flattering. They looked SO good on but were made of a stretch material that I just didn't feel comfortable in and, as I already have a nice pair of skinny jeans, and as they were the most expensive piece in my box, I passed on them.
$118.00


>> Veronica M // Bellatrix 3/4 Sleeve Chevron Print Shift Dress
When I pulled this dress out of the box I wasn't swept away by it but when I tried it on I never wanted to take it off. It fit like it was made for me -- the neckline, the waist line, and the 3/4 sleeves. It is so flattering! The amount of ways I can style this dress with the rest of the pieces in my wardrobe makes me excited. This was one of the most expensive pieces in the box but this first "Fix" came shortly after my birthday and I had funds specifically to get myself a birthday treat.
$108.00


>> RD Style // Annie Navy Ombre Striped Sweater
I was excited to find a chunky, knit sweater in the box. The sleeves were perfect, the neckline amazing, but the way it lay on my waist wasn't my favorite so I didn't keep it.
$64.00


>> Market + Spruce // Chaplin Hooded Anorak Olive Cargo Jacket
Opening up such a quality piece and ideal layer made me feel a bit giddy. It isn't my typical style but I decided to be adventurous and adopt it into my wardrobe. All the little details are great. The deep pockets, the thick draw-strings, the contrasting zipper. I just like it. And, once again, this piece fit just right. The price tag surprised me pleasantly for such a nice layer. Worth the investment for sure.
$88.00



>> Stay Tuned <<
What I Wore post to follow with the pieces I kept fully styled!

No comments:

Post a Comment