home about faq mission statement sponsor contact twitter facebook pinterest IG Image Map

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

When Jesus calls...

When Jesus called disciples, He didn't call men who had nothing to keep them from following Him, He called men with families and jobs and homes. 
"If I saw You on the street / And You said come and follow me / 
But I had to give up everything / All I once held dear and all of my dreams 
/ Would I love You enough to let go / Or would my love run dry 
/ When You asked for my life?" 
[Sidewalk Prophets]


When He came and called me, did I leave all and follow Him without hesitation, without turning to look back, or did I have to run and collect the things I couldn't stand to leave behind and scurry about saying my good-byes to those I valued above Him? When He comes to you and says, "Come, follow Me," how will you respond? I am convinced that it depends on whether or not we truly recognize who He is. "If a commission by an earthly king is considered an honor, how can a commission by a Heavenly King be considered a sacrifice?" - David Livingstone

No comments:

Post a Comment