home about faq mission statement sponsor contact twitter facebook pinterest IG Image Map

Sunday, August 28, 2011

To GO and to DO you must KNOW.

"Lord, I will go! Send me!", the maiden's cry.
"Dear one, do you know Me?" He responds.
"Savior, of course I know You." she replies, "You are the One who took the blow for me, bore my penalty and my shame, the One who died in my place to set me free."
"Child, do you know Me?" He asks again.
"Father, of course I know You." she answers, "You are the One who adopted me, the One who has grafted me in, who has given me a promised inheritance with the Son, the One who lives in me as I abide in You."
"Lover, do you know Me?" He inquires.
"Beloved, do you not know that I know you? You know that I love You and in order to love You I must know You. I know You as You know me... intimately. You have revealed Your heart, Your desires and Your secrets to me and yet do you wonder if I know You?"
"My own, I know that You know me, yet I would have you know Me more." His tender reply, "Why do you worship Me?"
"Because I know You."
"Why do you abide in Me?"
"Because I know You."
"Why do you pray? How do you pray?"
"Because I know You. According to Your name -- Your nature and Your will."
"I would have you know Me more." He says, "Why do missions exist?"
"Because worship does not."
"Why must you abide in Me?"
"Because on my own I can do nothing."
"How often must you pray?"
"Always."
"You desire to GO and to DO?"
"Yes, Lord!"
"First you must KNOW. If worship is to spread through you, first you must worship. If abiding is to be seen in you, you must be always abiding. If my kingdom is to be advanced through your prayers, you must not cease to pray. I want you to work for Me*, I want you to represent Me -- to bear My name, My image and My reputation -- it's why I freed you, its why I cleansed you, it's why I brought you near, it's why I indwelt you, but how will you represent One you do not KNOW? Do not fear, for I am with you.  You know Me a little, I would have you know me MORE. Others will pull at you saying, 'Why do you do nothing? Why do you sit still when there is so much to be done now?!' and I will answer them, 'You are careful and troubled about many things: But one thing is needful: Chelsea has chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.' Come My Beloved, let us go forth into the fields; you will find that what you truly desire is to know Me. The going and doing will be a natural outflow but you will hardly take note because all your heart will cry is, 'Desiderio Domini' (meaning: I dearly long to be with My Lord). Yes, My own, soon You will be with Me and then You will fully know Me."


*"We're here to be worshippers first and workers only second. We take a convert and immediately make a worker out of him. God never meant it to be so. God meant that a convert should learn to be a worshipper, and after that he can learn to be a worker. The work done by a worshipper will have eternity in it." -- A.W.Tozer

No comments:

Post a Comment