home about faq mission statement sponsor contact twitter facebook pinterest IG Image Map

Monday, May 16, 2011

Mighty Men of our Generation

The Lord is calling out the remnant of His faithful ones in this generation. Two men I believe will someday be on a par with such "Legends of Yesteryear" as Ravenhill, Studd, Spurgeon and the late David Wilkerson, are known simply as

NRJohnson
 and

NJThompson

It is my great privilege to know them as Brothers in the Lord.
The humility, submission and obedience to God Almighty that they walk in daily coupled with their growl for His glory, love for His Word, and compassion for others is just the beginning signs of the Spirit within these two lives yielded to the King for the advancement of His kingdom and the recovering of His renown in our generation. And, while I am tempted to sit back and watch them bound ahead into the depths and heights and lengths of the Endless Frontier while I set up camp, how can I be satisfied to stay here when there is so much more of my Jesus to know, so many lives who need to hear of Him, and so much He desires to do through me? Their pursuit of my God fuels my own yearning for Him. I encourage you, read their blogs and be blessed -- but also be spurred forward, never to look back!
After all, I have the same God as Studd, the same God as Wilkerson and the same God as NRJohnson and NJThompson.

---

Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:12-14

1 comment:

  1. Mm yes. I agree, Chelsea! To know them is to be challenged to deeper places with Jesus.

    ReplyDelete