home about faq mission statement sponsor contact twitter facebook pinterest IG Image Map

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My Only Need becoming my Only Want

"I want You more than I wanna live another day."

"Give me one pure and holy passion, give me one magnificent obsession, give me one glorious ambition for my life: to know and follow hard after You."

"I have counted all things lost for the sake of knowing Christ."

"You are my only need."

"None among the sons of man, none among the heavenly train, can with Jesus then compare, none so sweet, none so fair."

"Jesus, Jesus, at Your feet, oh, to dwell and never leave."

My Jesus has faithfully shown me over the past year that He is ALL I NEED. I trust He will continue to show me that through the rest of my days on the earth. Now He has drawn me into a new lesson. He has been bringing me to my knees over the weekend. He's stirring my heart. He is enough. But, is He ALL that I WANT? No. He isn't. When I truly face that fact it breaks me. He is a jealous Lover. He is all that I could ever want, why do I settle for less? Why do I seek out something else?

Isaiah 55:1-2

Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.
Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto Me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.


The Lord is good. So good. As He teaches me heart, refines my life, draws me closer... As I surrender, repent, draw near and open my mouth wide... He is proving to be nothing other than faithful, good, patient, ALL. I listened to Paris Reidhead's sermon "Except ye repent" yesterday as I drove home from northern Minnesota. It was another tool used skillfully in my life by the Hand of my Beloved. Its a lengthy listen but its worth it. May He use it to slay you at His feet today, right where you are. This blog post of NJThompson's served to spur me on even today, here at my desk, half way through another work day. May He use it to bring you gently to your knees today, right where you are. 

"I love You, Lord, Jesus, my King. I want to love You more, my Great Reward."


1 comment:

  1. Mmm! Thank you for sharing this post! He's been teaching me similar lessons lately-is He not gracious to draw us to Himself so?

    Again, thank you for sharing!
    By His grace,
    ~Melanie

    ReplyDelete