home about faq mission statement sponsor contact twitter facebook pinterest IG Image Map

Monday, December 5, 2011

TOMS

I like shoes. When I was little and we would go to McDonald's instead of playing in the PlayPlace I tried on all the shoes in the Shoe Bin. I like heels, boots, sandals, flip flops, etc, etc, etc. Unfortunately my feet do not like shoes. Though I can walk barefoot over gravel and prickly grass my feet are quite sensitive when it comes to shoes. Nearly every pair of shoes with a back rubs the skin clean off of my heel. This presents a problem when winter rolls around and I must wear shoes with backs. Because it is so rare that I find a pair of shoes that fit comfortably, the shoes that I do find are worn until they wear out.


When I found out about TOMS I loved the fact that for every pair bought they donate a pair of TOMS to children without shoes. And, being that they are made of fabric, without any type of hard form inside to hold their shape, I was hopeful that they would be the perfect shoe-with-a-back for my feet. My brother bought me a pair (pictured above) for my birthday and not only do they fit like a glove but they are the most comfortable shoes that my little feet have ever experienced (plus they are just plain adorable!). I will certainly be investing in more pairs over the years!

No comments:

Post a Comment