home about faq mission statement sponsor contact twitter facebook pinterest IG Image Map

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The necessity and the gift of Family // Testimonies from my India Travels

family |ˈfam(ə)lē|noun ( pl. -lies)[treated as sing. or pl. a group consisting of parents and children living together in a household.
• a person or people related to one and so to be treated with a special loyalty or intimacy


   We are not made to be alone. It is amazing what you can get through, endure, and be content with as long as you have family. In India I met children who had been given up by their parents... but who were happy and secure because they had been taken in by a couple that became "Mom" and "Dad" to them. I saw kids who lived in a slum, exposed to the elements day and night, with little to eat, no sanitation, worn clothing, no toys, who spent their days begging... but they were happy and secure because they had parents and community; family.


   And as I returned home it occurred to me that growing up with a family is what has fostered security, confidence, and happiness in me. Where would I be without these people? These flawed, confusing, difficult, wonderful, beautiful, perfect people.


Never underestimate the power of family. Never take them for granted.
Family is invaluable.


No comments:

Post a Comment