home about faq mission statement sponsor contact twitter facebook pinterest IG Image Map

Monday, March 4, 2013

Getting to know you //

This post is entirely for the benefit of knowing you more, sweet reader. I know you are out there reading and I want to be introduced! I want to know you! So, I've written out a few little bits of small talk to ponder, with my own answers right below them, and you may choose to answer them or not, but whatever you do I so hope you'll say hello down in the comments. Don't be shy!

--- --- ---


// How close you sit to a window.
If I could light every store and home with just natural lighting I would be inclined to do so. In planes I like window seats. In restaurants I prefer tables near windows. At home I like sitting under our huge farmhouse windows on the couch and letting the light spill over me.


// Whether spring snow delights or discourages you.
I lived in a land of 9 month winters for nearly half of my life. Winter is hard for me to live with so snow storms in the spring really discourage me.


// Whether or not you remember that there's iced tea near the soda fountain and would pick it to with your meal.
I never remember and I so wish I did. As it is I drink water. In the end it's better for me anyway so it's all good I suppose.


// If you'd rather live thirty minutes from town or thirty minutes from the country.
I've lived thirty minutes from town several times in my life and those have been the most lovely times of my life. I wouldn't have it any other way. However, I am moving into town soon and, though my house is darling and in a quaint area of town, I know I'll miss my long drives home so very much.


// Prefer to be an employee or employer?
Employer. I am born and bred to be self employed and entrepreneurial. However I've learned a lot as an employee and being part of a team and being selected for your ability are both wonderful things.


// When it comes to travel we all have dreams. What motivates you to make your travel dreams actually happen?
As much as I want to travel, it's the people I will visit or who will go with me that get me motivated to pay for the trip and step out my front door.


// Get dressed up for the grocery store or not?
Not usually. For errands it's normally only jeans and a coat and some cute flats.

--- --- ---

Let me just take a moment and say thank you to those of you who faithfully follow this blog. Doing life with people is one of the best things in life and I am glad it can happen online as well. You all are part of my community, you're my neighbors, so don't hesitate to drop me a line or even just say, "Good morning!" in passing. I'll be delighted to answer back and call you by name whenever you do! The same goes for first-time readers as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment