home about faq mission statement sponsor contact twitter facebook pinterest IG Image Map

Friday, May 9, 2014

Joy comes // week 17

In less than twelve hours my best friend is graduating from college. I've been celebrating it all week, celebrating through the tears and the laughter, the rain and the art, the lazy mornings and late nights, the work outs and the music of my day-to-day. I'm so proud of him. I only knew him for one of his four years in school so it may seem like I'm not even entitled to say I'm proud of his accomplishment, but I am. So, here's to you. Congratulations, Mister!


I was falling asleep with such sweet dreams when a very vivid memory of my phone lighting up with a goodnight text from Zachary every night for nine months flashed across my vision and my heart broke + I lost him all over again. My sleepy, peaceful smile faded into heart-racking sobs, the kind that leave you wheezing, eyes puffed up and head throbbing. A whole month of unbroken silence between us and it's no more natural to not talk to him now than it was on the first day. I rest in the promise that my Jesus sees, He knows, and not one tear or moment of this season will be wasted. Not a single one. Weeping may endure for a night but joy comes in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment