home about faq mission statement sponsor contact twitter facebook pinterest IG Image Map

Friday, February 8, 2013

The Way I Loved You // while mom and dad were gone...




While mom and dad were on vacation and it was just us kids, I got sick. Our bathroom sink stopped draining, so we brushed out teeth in the kitchen every night. Lane gave you guys your science test. Gabi and I watched you boys play Call of Duty all day, then you let us watch chick flicks all night. I got off the couch long enough to make one home-cooked meal a day, and always put some spinach in it (except the pancakes, of course). Even though I always make sure you fulfill your daily responsibilities (aka chores) I did the dishes for you on Monday because you had a lot on your plate. I bought tulips to bring some spring into our snowed-in world. When we ran out of groceries at the end of the week and you and Lane went to a friends house, I went to the store so you wouldn't have to be bothered, even though I felt like I was going to throw up on the way home. 



 Lane took the trash in on his way to school so I wouldn't have to be bothered to do it. Gabi made me tea and brought it to me in bed when I got really sick, I brought her emergen-c and lotion Puffs when she got really sick. Our Super Bowl party consisted of snuggling under blankets on the couch with cats and drinking fruit smoothies, surrounded by piles of kleenex. You guys did your school quietly and without complaining each day. While I was washing dishes for you, you were vaccuming the floor for me, and Gabi was folding my laundry. When mom and dad's flight got canceled and they couldn't come home for another day, we all pulled together to keep up each other's spirits and then all went to bed early. On our last day at home alone I was finally on the mend, we had had a good week alone, I was proud of how we had coped, and we had celebrated your 13th birthday. Aidan, you know how to drive me insane, but you couldn't make me love you more. You're my baby brother...





... and that's the way I loved you.

No comments:

Post a Comment