home about faq mission statement sponsor contact twitter facebook pinterest IG Image Map

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Over tea...

"I don't see what you want to go away and leave us for."
"I don't exactly want to, Davy, but I feel I ought to go."
"If you don't want to go you needn't. You're grown up. When I'm grown up I'm not going to do one single thing I don't want to do, Anne."
"All your life, Davy, you'll find yourself doing things you don't want to do."
// Anne of the Island, L. M. Montgomery

I've had conversations very much like this one frequently this spring with my littlest brother. I don't really want to leave my lovely home here in the country with my family. I feel I ought to though. Don't we all believe as kids that when we grow up we'll be free from all unpleasant and undesirable circumstances because we will be "the boss" of us? I have found that the freedom of choice that accompanies adulthood comes with the wisdom to know that there are many choices you make not because you want to, per se, but because you know it'll be best for you and for others. I've also found that making the choices I know to be right always come with benefits that I do want. It all works out all right after all.

pinterest

Growing up. Feeling very nostalgic. I've had so many flashbacks to childhood memories and the way I once thought as a kid... So if we were hanging out tonight, I'd share all of this with you. Over tea of course. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment