home about faq mission statement sponsor contact twitter facebook pinterest IG Image Map

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Final thoughts (before the Influence conference) - Part Five

"Suddenly I'm light and easy because of all the beautiful and new things I'm learning about you day by day."
// getting to know you - the King and I

I'm so excited! Excited for a road trip... For six hours of open road to myself. Excited to finally meet the faces I've seen on Facebook and hear the voices of the gals I'm carpooling with from Chicago down to Indianapolis. I'm nervous about that too, but mostly just that I'll walk up to the wrong house or they won't recognize me. The girls I'm rooming with will have checked in by the time we arrive and it's so exciting to think of finding our room and walking in to meet them! It feels like school all over again... Only knowing a little about who your roommate is but being so glad that you'll have instant connections and someone to walk around with in the crowd of women. I'm excited for the meet up I'm going to for dinner that night and the chance to hear about people's lives. I really want to know these women that I hardly know now but really cherish. Uncharacteristically I'm not freaking out about whether I'll feel accepted or wanted. I think it's because I just know I will be. This is going to be such a welcoming environment I think and a place where I will feel at ease if not a place where I will really shine.
I am greatly anticipating what the Lord will show me about how He wants to take my influence and use it for greater purposes and greater glory. I want Him to prune me this weekend so I will produce MUCH fruit.
I can't wait to hear all the passions and dreams and life stories of the women attending. I want to hear their hearts and see the Lord's hand on them.
I'm bringing my photography gear and can't wait to capture the conference on camera! I'm going to bring home those first nervous and excited moments, the easy and comfortable moments, the deep-in-thought and life-changing moments, and the ones where we unwillingly say goodbye for now. This is the start of a beautiful community and I'm thrilled to be a part of it.

See you tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment