home about faq mission statement sponsor contact twitter facebook pinterest IG Image Map

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Getting to know all about you (before the Influence conference) - Part Two

Good morning from the shore of Lake Michigan! Last day of vaca. and I am right at that point where you think you could get used to being on vacation but part of you is really ready to go home, back to your bed and your food and your car. You know that feeling? It's funny how the nicest part about going away for a bit is coming back home.
Now, onto another post link-up with the ladies I'll be meeting in Indy in about five days.

// What was your favorite food when you were a child? //
I don't remember having a favorite food. I know I wasn't a picky eater as a child so maybe I was just content with anything (except spinach manicotti -- that was utterly disgusting to me, as a child) as long as my momma made it. Dad's cooking was always more casual than mom's but it was special to me too.
To this day I'm not crazy about cooking for myself but it's super special to me when my mom or dad cooks. Can having food prepared for you with love be a love language?

// When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time? //
Depends on the day and where I am. If its a typical school day, the kids are doing their school quietly and don't need my help for 30min I will probably sit in the silence and catch up on blogs or save inspiration on pinterest, clean the kitchen up or even walk down our road to get some fresh air and fresh patience. If I'm in town and I have 30min it's either because I'm running errands to get out of the house (which I will happily spend in our super Target) or because I have to wait in town to pick someone up before heading back home. If that is the case, I will still go to super Target, I'll stop by my dad's office to say hello and my mom's job at the cafe where we may get to chat a bit between rushes.

// Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best? //
Nothing immediately comes to mind. However, I've been a fearful person most of my life and it take a long time for me to warm up to new things so I know I've thought a lot of new or unexpected things that happened to me would be bad but the Lord holds my life in His hands and I know that even the "bad" that does happen is for my good, my growth, and trusting Him through it all brings Him glory.
Wait! I just thought of one! Flying by myself for the first time. I thought it was a horrible idea but because of it I've traveled many places on my own (including Europe!) now.

// What is your favorite body part? //
My fingers (I think they're pretty) and my collar bones (I think they're elegant). Those are the first that come to mind. I really like every thing about how the Lord made me though. I'm not insecure about my looks.

// If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be? //
Pass. There are some ages in my life that have been really sweet and are some of my dearest memories but I don't want to stay in any one of them forever. Sounds like groundhogs day. I'd much rather keep right on living and growing and changing and making more sweet memories of treasured times in the process.

All for now.
{I'm singing "Getting to know you" from "The King and I" now.}

No comments:

Post a Comment