home about faq mission statement sponsor contact twitter facebook pinterest IG Image Map

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Getting to feel free and easy (before the Influence conference) - Part Four

A - Accent you wish you had
Either Southern or British. Hard to pick. Both are dear to my heart.

B - Baking or Cooking?
Baking for sure. All the prep works happens at once, all the assembling happens at once, then you just clean up and enjoy a cup of tea until its done. :)


via Pinterest

C - Can't Get Enough.....
Time alone or a care-free enough mind to read.

D - Drink you can't go without
Water. If I don't keep my Camelbak filled and near me I get dehydrated. Milk is a close second. I've had milk to drink for every meal at home since I was a little kid.


via Pinterest

E - Emotion you get when those Hallmark commercials come on
I don't think I've ever actually seen one. I don't watch much TV.

F - Fictional Character you relate to
Elizabeth Bennet (Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen), Elinor Dashwood (Sense & Sensibility by Jane Austen), Margaret Hale (North & South by Elizabeth Gaskell), Molly Gibson (Wives & Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell). I am sure that there are more. I relate to a character in every book I read.


via Pinterest

G - Guilty Pleasure
Limited Edition tees from Sevenly.org, getting to help change the world for people I won't ever get to meet but that matter.


via Pinterest

H - Hometown
I've never determined whether my answer to this should be where I was born or where I spent most of my childhood years. One was Cadillac, MI and the other was Bemidji, MN.

I - Ice Cream Flavor
Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.


via Pinterest

J - Jumpstart Go To (aka how you get your day started)
Propping my pillows up in bed and sitting up, checking my iPhone notifications, reading the Word, thinking about all I have to do that day.

K - Keepsake Item
My mom's old toy horses, my dad's first professional grade digital camera, a hand-painted fan of my great-grandma's, a tea pot of my great-great-grandma's... I cherish heritage and family history and memories. Keepsakes help to trigger memories that are special.


via Pinterest

L - Life Verse(s)
Romans 12:1 //  I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Philippians 3:12-14 // Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
Isaiah 54:1 // Sing, O barren, thou that didst not bear; break forth into singing, and cry aloud, thou that didst not travail with child: for more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife, saith the Lord.
Acts 17:28 // For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

M - Memory that makes you smile
I have lots of memories and lots of stories. The first memory that came to mind though is meeting the children from Haiti that came over for the first tour of His Little Feet (a children's choir), and then over the next weeks and months gaining and special bond with one of the little boys. When all the other kids were playing soccer, even though he liked to play, he would come and sit by me instead. We would just sit, sometimes we would talk but we were happy to just enjoy each other's company. Often times in a crowd I would feel someone slip their hand in mine and I would turn around to find Likendly right next to me. I miss my little man. I miss hearing his precious voice call me "Auntie Chelsea" and seeing his mischievous, darling smile across the room.

N - Non-fiction writer you want to have dinner with
Since it isn't specified whether they need to be alive in this present age I am going to have to go with C. S. Lewis, Elizabeth Elliot, David Wilkerson, Amy Carmichael, George Muller, Ronald Reagan, Major Ian Thomas, and Corrie ten Boom. I would want to sit and just hear them converse with each other about the Lord. 


via Pinterest

O - Opulent Item You Want (something that is way out of your price range)
An English Manor on acres and acres of land. 

P - Pattern You Love
Plaid or floral.


via Pinterest

Q - Quirk You Have
I laugh silently a lot of the time. I am laughing really hard but nothing comes out. 

R - Relaxing Spot
My room, the end of a dock on a lake, the top of a grassy hill, a quiet corner of nature anywhere really, a chair in the cafe my mom works at, the passenger seat of a car my dad is driving...


via Pinterest

S - Snow or Sun?
SUN. I have grown up with snow covering far too many months of the year and, though I always want to have snow for the holidays, I could live very happily with no snow for the bulk of the winter months. I love being in the warm sun. Sunny summer days on a blanket in the yard, reading and soaking up the rays. I love feeling warm all the way to the bone. I love how bronze my skin turns in the summer. Love, love, love the sun.

T - TV show you miss
Ummm... Wishbone? My favorite oldies were Barney and Winnie the Pooh. They sure don't make those shows like they used to.


via Pinterest

U - Unique Fact About You
At the age of 15 I had moved 15 times.

V - Valentine's Day...big deal or not?
I like Valentine's Day. I love making special cards with my little siblings for all of our family members and then seeing them all piled up on our plates before dinner. 


via Pinterest

W - What's Your Love Language?
Quality Time & Acts of Service are tied for highest place, Words of Affirmation & Physical Touch are tied for second.

X - X-Factor Song You Would Sing (sidenote: I don't watch the show...)
I don't watch it but if I had to sing a song for a big performance where they would judge my ability to sing I would pick a musical solo such as "I Dreamed a Dream" from Les Miserables, "Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again" from Phantom of the Opera, or "My White Knight" from the Music Man.


via Pinterest

Y - Yoga or Not?
Nope. 

Z - Zealous Dream You Have
Adopting children. I could go into that a lot more but I will keep it simple.


via Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. Wow. We could definitely be live-and-in-person friends. Love this list about you!

    ReplyDelete